A comprehensive dental exam will be performed at your initial dental visit. At regular check-up exams, Dr. Goodman or Dr. Stein and their team of hygienists will include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help to determine tooth and root position.
- Oral cancer screening: Examining the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Examining the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: Fillings, crowns, fixed and removable dentures, etc.